2022 September Construction Update
9:39AM October 03, 2022
- Work is ongoing in Canadian Lakes with 16 of the 17 cabinets being fully constructed. The last cabinet has been given to contractors for construction with one remaining underground bore to complete the underground work.
- In the Camino zone in Lake Isabella, 8 of 11 cabinets have been given to contractors for construction, with work ongoing in the 3 additional splitter areas. Conduit has been laid and contractors are working on pulling the fiber cables through the conduit.
- Airline, Wing, and Warner zones are complete.
- Fisher zone is complete with construction with home installs to begin being scheduled.
- Waterwheel zone is nearly complete with mainline construction expected to wrap up within 1 to 2 weeks. Contracts have been released in this zone with home installs to begin following the completion of the mainline construction.
- West Lake zone is 84% complete with construction. Contracts will be released this week and underground work began a few weeks ago.
- Knott zone's mainline construction has 2 of 3 areas nearly completed.
- Sassafras zone's mainline construction has begun and is 18% completed.
- Oxbow zone's mainline construction is expected to begin shortly as construction wraps up around the West Lake zone.
- Diamond zone's mainline construction will follow closely behind with crews expected to begin working there in early November.
- Still very busy with activity spread out across a large area. We're looking forward to finally finishing Phase 4 so all of our resources can be allocated to Phase 5 zones.
- Mainline construction has been consistent but our contractors are still struggling to meet our targets due to staffing issues. It's nearly impossible to get and keep enough crews here full time and are in discussions with an additional mainline contractor to help fill this gap.
- Drop construction has been better but we're looking at adding an additional contractor.