2023 February Construction Update
12:15PM March 01, 2023
***DATES BELOW EACH ZONE ARE ESTIMATED MAINLINE CONSTRUCTION DATES***
See "Important Definitions" below for more details.
- Mainline Construction - the first step in building HomeWorks Connect's service through an area. This step involves installing the fiber cables that carry internet service across our service territory. Once the fiber cables are hung on the lines or buried underground, many more steps must take place before homes can be installed so, although mainline construction being completed is exciting, it doesn't mean that your home will be installed within a few days. Your home installation may still be weeks or months out. For an update on your specific location, you are always able to call our office at 800-668-8413.
- Splicing - this is the process that connects fiber cables together. Since fiber cables are made of glass, a splicer's job is to melt the glass strands together so that the light that carries your internet service can travel where they need to go. There are two main types of splicing that must be completed: mainline splicing and drop splicing. Mainline splicing takes place between large fiber cables on the mainline while drop splicing is the process that connects your home to the mainline. Once your drop is spliced, your home installation can be installed.
- Drop - The drop is the piece of fiber cable that connects the mainline to your home. These typically follow the path that your electric service takes to get to your home and if an alternate route is needed, a site plan may be required before the drop to your home can be built. Once your drop is built, a second crew will come to splice the drop and finally, you will be called to have your home installation scheduled
- Oxbow – Is complete and has been issued for drop construction.
- Diamond - Construction complete. Splicing nearing completion. Contracts have been released.
- Pearl - 75% Complete. Splicing is ongoing.
- Vandecar – 89% Complete. Splicing is ongoing
- Littlefield – 38% Complete.
- Evergreen – 46% Complete.
- Second drop contractor is now engaged and working towards 10 completed jobs per week.